Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Email Discounts Adopted By Online Retailers

E-tailers are now desperately looking out for ways to increase their revenues, amid low consumer confidence and low consumer spending. The latest weapon that they are using to lure consumers is Email discount messages.

Recently when I opened my inbox, I saw many emails from retailers with big advertisements on discounts and final sales. Some were really tempting and I couldn’t resist my self from using those offers. But suddenly, I was struck by some thought.

Why are all the retailers providing these offers at same instance? Holiday season is over. There are no major holidays ahead, but I still have these offer-emails fill up my inbox.

And when I looked around on what was happening, I got to know the actual reason behind it.

These emails were good to look at in starting. But I am slowly getting annoyed with the increasing junk mails. I have already opted out of email lists of some major e-tailers, and planning to do with some more.

No comments: